Friday, October 12, 2012

Lance

Everyone else has weighed in, why not me.  I would apologize for my words, but I think we still live in the great USA and we are free to speak our minds, at least for now.

6 months, are you kidding me.  You gave them a 6 month suspension, this is crap.  Wait through the winter so they don't miss any races, this is BS (http://stevetilford.com/?p=22105).  Anybody else and it's 2 years, then life.  I started racing on the road in the spring of 2001, and after 11 years finally got picked up by a pro team (at the age of 37).  What would have been the difference with a level playing field. I do not regret a thing, but there is definitely the what if.

6 months, what is the precedent you are setting.  Ohhh it's ok to dope as long as we bring Lance down.  Leave him alone, I'm not saying it's ok to dope, but  Lance is one of the best athletes to ever walk this earth.  He may be an ass, or if you like, donkey, it does not change what he has done for our sport.  He has inspired people, beat cancer, won the hardest cycling race in the world, etc, give him some credit doped or not.

6 months, so these guys doped for years, and reaped the benefits of a harder exercise regimen than anybody else could stand.  I guess we will call it good right there.  How does a 37 year old train, answer, everyday.  Eat sleep and breathe the bike, just ask my wife.  If she is still lives at our house.

Some may say I have all the answers, I'll ask my wife.  I don't know what is right or wrong here, but there is allot of poop flying around.  What to do with all these guys, Lance included, jury of their peers? not some decision from the powers that be.  Witch hunt or not, there needs to be a level playing field, not just in cycling, but in sport.  How do we change and make this something positive?  Where do we go from here?  Stop looking back and look to the future.

Inspire, Lead, Achieve, Motivate, Triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment